Re: [TenTec] Argosy II Digital Display

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy II Digital Display
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <mike.hyder.n4nt@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:26:12 -0500
From: "Kip Williams N6NVP" <n6nvp@cox.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:43 AM
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy II Digital Display

My Model 525-D has a problem with the last digit of the display flashing
between characters when set on a frequency. I remember reading about a fix
for this on one of the other models but can't remember what it was. Does
anyone have experience with this problem on the Argosy?

73
Kip N6NVP
San Diego, CA
Hi, Kip--

The display on the Argosy II is the readout of a frequency counter and not
the readout of a synthesizer.  Frequency counters almost always flicker
between one and the other digits because of how many counts come through in
the sampling period.  In other words, it's probably working fine.

That is a really good little rig, by the way!

73, Mike N4NT