[TenTec] Ruggedized 229 Tuner

To: "Ten-Tec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ruggedized 229 Tuner
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:03:01 -0800
Ever since I built my Ten-Tec 4229 tuner kit (and subsequently
fried the balun and ceramic wafer switch),  I have always wanted
to build a ruggedized version of this tuner. I think the 229/4229
uses an excellent choice for electrical topology, but it got
implemented a little on the light side. In any case, looks like
someone may have beaten me to the punch with this
commercial offering:

http://efmcommunications.com/index.html

It looks rugged on the outside, but I wonder how solid the
insides are built?