[TenTec] The Texas Yellow Rose is SK

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The Texas Yellow Rose is SK
From: jman <jman7659@grandecom.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:12:24 -0600
I wanted to pass this note along, forgive me if you didn't know George,

He was one of my Elmers and an inspiration to all who love CW and QRP.
If you ever sat through one of George's presentations, you came away
a more educated and motivated ham.
W5YR, George Baker, known to many of you as the "Yellow Rose" passed away
while undergoing heart surgery Thursday night. George had struggled with
medical problems resulting from a heart valve replacement that was
performed
in June of 2004. George was 75-years young.

Many of you  know George as a result of his unselfish efforts to help so many
amateurs expand their technical knowledge. He was always happy to do a
technical training session or make a technical presentation on antennas,
baluns, transmission lines, and many other subjects of interest to the ham
community.  He made many such presentations to QRP Amateur Radio Clubs that
were fortunate to number him among their members, and at many hamfests,
including  Hamcom in Dallas. George was a natural teacher and was more than
technically  qualified to present difficult topics in a meaningful and
understandable manner.

The family has advised that there will be a viewing Tuesday, 22
Mar. from 5-7pm at Ridgeview Memorial Park, Exit 38 off of Hwy 75, Allen, TX
75013, Phone: 972-424-7834. A graveside service will be held for family and
friends Wednesday, 23 Mar at 2-pm.

The family has requested no flowers be sent, but donations be made to one of
the ARRL Scholarship Funds (see the  details at the bottom of the "Silent
Keys" list in any QST) or to the American Heart Association (contact a local
chapter for details).

Thanks for the bandwidth,
73 de KM5CW Joe

                   ---------| Virus Scanned by Symantec |---------