Re: [TenTec] tentec 238B or palstar 1500cv ?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] tentec 238B or palstar 1500cv ?
From: "K. Indart" <kitdart@ntelos.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:59:04 -0500
Hi    Not familiar with Palstar, but have had a TT 238 for about 3 years
without any problem, running max power at times.  My antenna is a 135 foot
dipole at 55 feet,  center fed with home made open line, about 50 feet to a
"remote balun" on the outside of the house, then a about 30 feet of low loss
50 ohm coax to the tuner.  I can tune all normal bands from 75 to 10 m.
including the \WARC bands with no difficulty.  Been an active ham for over
50 years and this tuner has been the best for all around band hopping.

Ken,  WA4RPH