Re: [TenTec] fun to watch the guys start to sweat

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] fun to watch the guys start to sweat
From: "Scott / W4PJ" <w4pj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:35:11 -0500
My Elmer, whose callsign shall remain anonymous, used to work for a research
and development firm when they were inventing doppler radar.  The facility
was out in the Nevada desert about 50 miles at the end of a two-lane road.
There was nothing else out there and this one State Cop used to sit out
there with his speed radar and give tickets to the workers coming in to
work.

There was nothing else out there for a hundred miles, sheez, Louise!

So one day, they decided to send a pulse of a half-million watts out to his
dash-mounted radar unit.  They trained their dish on him and...

POOF!

They watched on spotting scopes as the cop scratched his head looking at the
smoke coming from the unit and then drive away.

The next morning he was back with a new unit and before he could give any
tickets, they blasted him again.

POOF!

More smoke and head scratching.

One might guess he wasn't too bright, as this went on for several days in a
row.  Who knows, maybe his captain started making him pay for the smoked
radar units.

My Elmer had more stories to tell...

PEACE
Scott / W4PJ