Re: [TenTec] Wide posts

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wide posts
From: Kevin Anderson <k9iua@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:54:13 -0800 (PST)
Let me chime in with a slightly different take.

Half my computers are 1024x768, the other half can do 800x600.
But for over a dozen years I've been on computers that can do
1024x768 or better (e.g., Sun workstations at previous jobs
etc.).

While I have that high a resolution, I rarely have windows
"maximized" to use that resolution.  For years I've had my mail
programs, word processing programs, web browsers, etc., set to
have windows smaller than the full screen so that I can have
more one window open at a time and be able to cut-and-paste more
easily in between without having to close and open windows.

What I hate are web pages that assume you have 1024x768 (or
800x600) AND FURTHER ASSUME that you are using then entire
screen (i.e., the window is maximized).  I hate horizontal
scroll bars appearing, particularly for webpages for with
multiple frames (I have frames, but that is my own pet pieve).

I used to be very good about putting in carriage returns in my
e-mails, but I admitted have gotten out of the habit lately as
mail programs have gotten much better at putting in good usable
carriage returns.  Even this post, done in Yahoo, is without
carriage returns.  I can try to switch my habit back if that
will help.

Kevin, K9IUA