Re: [TenTec] LP feature

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LP feature
From: Curtis Rossow <curtisa@surfbest.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:23:26 -0700
Paul DeWitte K9OT wrote:

>I have what is probably a very dumb question. Dave had a question about the
>LP and NR buttons not being engaged when turning the rig back on (omni VI+).
>I frequently use the NR feature, but I do not know what the purpose of the
>LP is. I do not use it, and when I have I do not hear any audible
>difference.
>Can someone fill me in on the benefits of this feature? What am I missing?
>Thanks in advance
>73 Paul K9OT

I will tell you what happens with my OMNI VI Opt 3. The LP is a low pass
filter.
If you push the LP button for a second of so the cutoff point will show
on the screen.
 You can use the up and down buttons to change the cutoff from 600 to
1400 in 200hz steps.

I hope that this helps.

Curt NU7R

I just remembered  to add carrage returns so my post won't be so wide.