Re: [TenTec] LP feature

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LP feature
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:06:55 -0600
Essentially, it  rolls off the highs starting at the point indicated as
noted in other posts.  You can use this to decrease the high frequency
content of what you're hearing to reduce fatigue.  I found it quite
useful on my VI+ and set the knee for something like 600 Hz for CW and
~1400 or so for SSB.

        73,  Duane

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:49:37 -0600 "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
writes:
> I have what is probably a very dumb question. Dave had a question
> about the
> LP and NR buttons not being engaged when turning the rig back on
> (omni VI+).
> I frequently use the NR feature, but I do not know what the purpose
> of the
> LP is. I do not use it, and when I have I do not hear any audible
> difference.
> Can someone fill me in on the benefits of this feature? What am I
> missing?
> Thanks in advance
> 73 Paul K9OT
>

> --