[TenTec] key clicks (on receive)

To: w2nra@optonline.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] key clicks (on receive)
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:58:48 -0600
And, looking at this from the other side, if you're used to a 1000mp /
1000mkV and move to the Orion, the background grunge that I hear in the
1000mxx radios is very noticeable, and tends to hide clicks (as well as
useful data!).  Worked a contest at a friend's 'big gun' station, and was
really happy to return home to my Orion.

        73, Duane

> As a Yaesu 1000MP Mrk V Field user I concur.  Especially in
> Multi-Multi
> contest stations.  I have frequently looked up the website of
> stations
> with bad key clicks and very often those sites will proudly display
>
> photos of a row of 1000MP Mrk Vs.  I've also often heard 1000MP Mrk
> owners say on the contest sites that they haven't gotten around to
> the
> mod yet or they have no intension of doing it.  It is amazing how
> far
> off your receive frequency you can hear an unmodified Yaesu 1000MP
> Mrk
> V. It is maddening!
>
> 73,
> Art