Re: [TenTec] real CW ops

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] real CW ops
From: Ynkedragon@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:34:53 EDT
In a message dated 04/07/2005 19:59:40 Eastern Daylight Time,
w4pj@bellsouth.net writes:

<< BTW My Dah's are a bit longer than the "normal" 3:1 computer generated
code.
 And sometimes I'll add some extra dits in there. >>

That reminds me of  W3EML, a superb CW traffic op.  The story was that he
threw away the weight for his bug and sent dots at 80 WPM, dashes at 40 WPM,
and
varied his overall speed with spacing variations  :-)  I remember the first
time I had to take 10 QTC's from him--I was scared silly.   W3EML had been an
electric power company CW op--and who knows what else.

W3NEM,  WPA-SCM (that's now  SM for the new guys) in the late 60's or early
70's sent short dash CW, and someone told me that was a "Lake Erie swing"

CW sent by keyer or computer is so "sterile" compared to the old bug CW, but,
in my opinion, it is a lot easier to copy.

73,  Blair K3YD