[TenTec] REAL CW OPS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] REAL CW OPS
From: "JOHN H. LEWIS" <ad4fz@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 13:47:17 -0400
I thought this "Rhythm Method" was the norm in 1956 when I was first
licensed(KN4KAZ).  I had this rhythm whether on a straight or bug key.  And
I was a musician, ...still am.

John-AD4FZ
     =======================0============================
Sure can tell you guys aren't musicians .. Or at least don't have "rhythm"
:-)

It is quite possible to send excellent "non-swing" CW on a bug, but that
musical meter...  There was an NCS on the Texas CW Traffic Net back in the
mid-80's .. wish I could recall his call sign .. All you had to do was hear
him send a couple of words and you'd know exactly who was sitting on the
key.  I knew quite a few operators by "sound" in the 50/60's.  So much more
interesting to listen to, even if a computer (had there been one)) would
have most likely had a hard time with it :-)

Grant/NQ5T