Re: [TenTec] Lake Erie Swing

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lake Erie Swing
From: "JAMES HANLON" <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:24:17 -0600
  I knew quite a few operators by "sound" in the 50/60's.  So much more
> interesting to listen to, even if a computer (had there been one)) would
> have most likely had a hard time with it :-)
>
> Grant/NQ5T

Grant,

This reminds me of a CRES Radio Club meeting in Columbus, Ohio back in the
later 80's.  One of the guys had programmed his 8086 to copy cw and brought
it to the meeting.  It did a good job on computer-generated cw, but when
K8TX and I started to have a 25 wpm conversation on our bugs it blew the
computer's mind.  Even so, we head-copied each other just fine.

Jim, W8KGI