Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 (Option 1) Intermittent Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 (Option 1) Intermittent Audio
From: Robert Dwiggins II <robert.dwiggins@alumni.utexas.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:55:48 -0400
I just wanted to thank those who responded, both privately and on the reflector,
to my questions regarding the intermittent audio on my Omni VI/Opt 3.

Unfortunately, I'm out of town (working) as I'm typing this.  I haven't called
Tentec yet because I'm not sitting in front of the rig to try the things they
would tell me.

What I have tried:  reseating the boards and connectors, listening to audio from
an external speaker using the phone jack and the audio jack, and listening to
audio on the internal speaker.  I haven't tried reseating the filters, as one
person suggested, or tracing the signal paths along the audio circuits using an
oscilloscope.  However, I don't think it's a filter problem because it does the
same thing no matter which filter is selected.

Also, someone asked if I had s-meter action, and I do.  Therefore I think the
problem is somewhere in the audio portion rather than the RF portion of the rig.

Again, thanks for the e-mails and suggestions.  I'll try some of your
suggestions
when I get home this weekend, and I'll keep the group updated on what I find
out.

73,

Bob NE5RD