[TenTec] Paragon II display freezing up

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon II display freezing up
From: designer <designer@quickdata.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:32:30 -0700
 From time to time the display on my Paragon II goes blank (I think
the VFO A light is still on). At that time, the audio still works - I
can still hear the station I was listening to - but the tuning dial
has no effect - like it has gone into "lock" mode and blanked the
display.  Everything is fine once I restart.

I do have other rigs about and a computer, but I am not transmitting
on another rig when this happens. Is this a sign of more problems to
come? Is it a major problem to fix it?

The PS,  model 961, has a low hum. Hardly noticeable when computer
fans are on - but clearly louder than the 937 and a small Samlex I
have. Is that normal for that vintage technology or can replacing
some parts quiet it down to "silent" level.

Thanks and 73,
Paul