[TenTec] cw creation

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] cw creation
From: Bob Stephens <bstephens1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:20:30 -0400
Sometime in  the past there was a discussion of how modern rigs such as the
Orion or Jupiter produce "cw" as opposed to the way classic cw is/was
produced in classic rigs. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the thread
either through Google or in the Archive.

As I understand it, in many modern rigs cw keying is done by injecting an
audio tone (onto a ssb signal ?), rather than  true on off carrier keying.
This almost sounds a bit like the difference between FSK and AFSK.

Could someone on the list help me understand this better, and could someone
also list which TT rigs produce "cw" which way?

tnx
Bob, KB1CIW