Re: [TenTec] Model 563 OMNI VI Setup Instructions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 563 OMNI VI Setup Instructions
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 08:11:06 -1000
Hi John,

>Have anyone developed setup instructions for the Model 563?

I have a 563 and a manual for it. When I first got my 563, I just hooked
it up and started using it. I found all the connectors on the back to be
clearly labled and their functions obvious from their lables. I found
the same to be true of the control knobs on the front panel. After a few
weeks I took a look at the manual to figure out a few of the less
obvious functions, and I found that the manual explained it pretty well.
The only confusion was with "upgraded functions" (mine was upgraded to
version 2) which had two sets of instructions.

I'll be glad to help you. Can you tell me what part of "setup" you are
having difficulty with? Are you having trouble figuring out how to hook
it to the power supply, antenna and key? Or do you have it hooked up
okay and are having trouble operating it? Can you be more specific as to
where the difficulty is?

DE N6KB