Re: [TenTec] boost mobile voltage?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] boost mobile voltage?
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:04:19 -0400
Yes, I, too recommend a bigger battery. For safety's sake, use a sealed
lead acid battery. The best are the Optima yellow top batteries. Also, I
think Powerwerx and West Mountain Radio sell deep cycle batteries by mail.

I have used a 7 amp-hour battery on my Scout. It will defienitely run
for a couple of hours, but I usually back the power off to about 25-30
watts.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF