Re: [TenTec] cw creation

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] cw creation
From: "Williams, Barry" <Bnwilliams@varco.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:12:51 -0500
The 32S-1 did use an audio tone, at the time it was produced Collins was really
convinced that SSB was the way to go, so it also goes into the "primarily SSB
with CW capability" category too.  Concerning the FCC definition it looks like
the designation falls under amplitude modulated double sideband signal,
digital, on-off or quantized, no modulation, aural decoding, (A1A)

http://www.army.mil/spectrum/library/resources/fcc_emission.txt

This would indicate that you start with an AM carrier, and turn it on and off.
On the other hand a single sideband suppressed carrier signal modulated with an
on-off (digital) audio tone would be J2A.

Thanks,
Barry