Re: [TenTec] Orion and TVI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and TVI
From: "Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron@StarLinX.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:37:45 -0000
From: "K. Indart" <kitdart@ntelos.net>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 02:36

Is your Power Supply a switching type.  These are notorius for creating
noise.  Can you try another power supply, preferably the one you use with
the Kenwood.   Are your neighbours on a common TV distribution system ?
This is the first time I have heard of an Orion causing TVI !   Go back
again with the Kenwood and see if the TVI has disappeared.  Or it could be
that something has changed in the TV distribution amplifier, including a bad
coax connector from the TV antenna to the distributor.  Check the coax
antenna connector to the Orion; maybe the shield is intermittent and failed
while moving it when you changed equipment.  Let us know how you do.

Ken, WA4RPH   (I have an OMNI VI+ and lKW Centurion, tribander beam and Zepp
all band ant and no TVI on any band)
-----Original Message-----From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com