[TenTec] Orion reviews

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion reviews
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:10:54 -0700 (PDT)
Honestly, I don't think Ten Tec has ever put two
radios out the door that were identical.

I've had 4 Corsair II's (own 2 at present) and
multiple OMNI VI+'s and each one has been (pleasingly)
unique in it's own way due to production differences
that occurred within fairly small periods of time.

>From what I am reading on the list, this is holding
true for Orion.

The "something extra" with the new Orions will be that
version 2 firmware when they start to ship the radios
with it. That may be ready in the next batch or two
I'd guess, but in the mean time it's nice to hear
what the guys have to comment on with the latest
radios going out the door.

73,
Don

from [Toby Pennington]
Did the guys who got Orions from the last batch get
something extra that the rest of us did not get?