Re: [TenTec] WTB: OmniC & tale of woe

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB: OmniC & tale of woe
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:51:59 -0700
Well a single Orion is way outside the budget of most amateurs (well at
least me). Two Orions is well another matter altogether. You can buy a
nice Omni-C station for probably under $600. We are talking totally
different animals. Now I have never used an Orion. I did own a Jupiter
(which is NOT an Orion) and got rid of it for the superior Omni-6+ and
that was a good trade in all ways. Comparing my Omni-C and Paragon to
the Omni-C? I used the Omni-C more. Just a pleasurable rig to use and
very, very quiet. I am NOT saying that a 24 year-old technology is
better, but in some ways that Omni-C was hard to beat. So if you have a
good Omni-C and you know how to use it well think twice before you talk
yourself into letting it go.

Jerry, KG6TT