Re: [TenTec] Burned at the bay

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Burned at the bay
From: CROCDONZ1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 21:16:35 EDT
guys
here is a copy of the response i got from the seller. i guess there is
always 2 sides to every story. i thought this should be posted here as he  was
flamed pretty bad.  people jump to conclusions with out  getting all of the
facts
first.

don-kd9mf

his response to my first email

the man purchased the radio, the unit was in perfect operating condition  the
man wanted it shipped out of the u.s. using the u.s. postal service i did
not want to i wanted to use ups and put insurance on it. he wanted to go the
cheaper route. he then asked me to declare the unit as a 65.00 vale and declare

it as a gift. this was so he would not get hammered on the import cost. i
agreed  and i did. the u.s. postal service took 6 weeks. and now he says the
unit
does  not work properly. he wanted 130.00 he only payed 2.14 plus the
shipping. i  think he is either a scammer, or the unit was damanged durring
shipping.
in any  event this was not my falt. he could have put insurance on the unit
and shipped  it ups. he would have received the unit, and in the event it was
damanged he  could have put a claim on it.

2nd response

that is fine that you post it. i can also provide the ten-tec paperwork  that
shows that the unit was factory alligned. there was plenty of pictures of
the unit, and i had more if he would have requested them. the extra board that
was put into the unit has the manual for it in with the original manual for
the  unit. the only questions he asked about the unit was about shipping. now i
am  getting harassing emails from other hams stating that they know where i
live and  that they are right around the corner from me. that is not very good.
i am still  not going to give him a 130.00 refund on a 214.00 unit. the unit
worked perfect,  and i think that he is just a scammer.