Re: [TenTec] My new ORION

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My new ORION
From: "Robert Carroll" <rlcarroll@highstream.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:31:08 -0400
I have experienced this problem.   After a while I found that though the AGC
was indicated to be on, I believe it was off because setting the AGC to off
resulted in no change, just that raspy blasting of an overloaded receiver
with the RF gain up and the AGC off.  Reapplying AGC usually cleared the
problem as would a power down/up.  I suspect this was the result of a
software glitch and so reported to TenTec.

Bob W2WG (waiting for the new release)