[TenTec] ORION'S TROUBLES

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION'S TROUBLES
From: "Ascani Adriano" <adrianoascani@virgilio.it>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:23:07 +0200
The ORION manual says:" IF crystal filters standard, 15 kHz, 6 kHz, 2.4 kHz,
1.0 kHz; --three others optional, 1.8 kHz, 500 Hz and 250 Hz."
someone, who has added the 3 optional filters, can tell me if they are usefull,
and which is the necessity to add 1.8kHz between 1kHz and 2.4kHz  filters
already existing.
Is normal that the SUB-RX, in BROADCAST BANDS, if a STATION transmits for
example  on frequency kHz 17.535, i start to listen it from  17.529 to
17.540/17.542 KHz. That doesn't happens with my JUPITER and with my KENWOOD TS
430 S (23 years old) ???
Sometime to center a Broadcast  exactly i need the help of Jupiter or
Kenwood!!!!
Mistery: the broadcast spacing frequency is  5 kHz, and this radio make me
listen in an interval of  10/12 kHz.??
May be i am starting now with ORION, but i think is too complex to operate and
at end with it you can do only the same things that a rig  costing 3 time less
permits to do too.
For now, my happiness in buyng thi radio is down, hope better in future...Hi
Many thanks to Tentec contesting community.
IZ6FWF
ASCANI ADRIANO
ITALY