Re: [TenTec] ORION BCI

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION BCI
From: <wq7x@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:25:37 -0400
Stuart,
We don't need super sensitive receiver for HF. Orion
with preamp OFF and with 18dB attenuator ON is not
sensitive at all. Is atually much less sensitive then
TS930s with preamp ON and atenuator OFF. And this is the condition under what I
was checking those two radios.
My antenna is resonant 40m quad.
Best 73! Mark WQ7X