[TenTec] Annual review of the Orion

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Annual review of the Orion
From: Dave Clark <w8do@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 07:13:22 -0700 (PDT)
Having purchased an Orion, close a year ago,  I'd like to comment that it still
exceeds expectatons.  No clicks, no BCI, no problems with my Titan amplifier
and no shut downs while call DX or engaged in a contest.  Most everyone I talk
with comments on the smooth keying and, most important it receives signals, on
occasion, that neither of my Icom's hear using the same antenna.  It has
crashed once due to RFI  ... a little research of my cables quickly found the
problem.  The N4PY software, along with the remote pod, make operating this
radio a real pleasure.

The tone that's currently running on this reflector is mostly negative and not
constructive.  I highly recommend that subscribers offer suggestions and
support as opposed to negative grand standing.  We all can benefit from
constructive comments, especially from those who take the time to communicate
in a non-offending manner.

Dave W8DO  www.nancyanddave.com