Re: [TenTec] Annual review of the Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Annual review of the Orion
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:22:36 -0700 (PDT)
One thing I've noticed. Those that use the N4pY
software to drive their Orions have a lot less
complaints. What does this tell us?

That N4PY should be programming the firmware in the
radio itself?

I don't know if he is even conversant in the specific
microcode of Orion, but he has suggested that he would
consider it. I long ago suggested that Ten Tec offload
the programming burdon for the radio. The radio
improves faster, but Ten Tec relinquishes absolute
control of their product.