Re: [TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom

To: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:42:00 -0400
FORGET everything I said..  The Heil mic does NOT have a "normal"
3-pin XLR connector, as I thought.  It has a 4-pin XLR connector.
This is often used for power connections in audio work, from what I
read.  So, a 4-pin extender cable might not be shielded properly for
audio.  Looks like you need to make your own.  The connectors are
available.

Sorry for the confusion!

73 Martin AA6E

--