Re: [TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:13:12 -0400
I use the short boom, and my TT Heil mic cable is a little too long.
What you gonna do? :-)

Seriously, my mic has an XLR connector.  I assume yours does, too?

I'd think that any XLR male-to-female mic cable should serve well as
an extender.  For example, at bhphotovideo.com > Audio Professional >
Cables.  You can get a 1.5 or 3 footer for $10 and a 15 footer for
$17, etc.  You can visit your local music store, or make your own out
of RadShack parts. You want to keep it as short as possible to avoid
RF pickup.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net