Re: [TenTec] Flex-Radio compared to Pegasus

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Flex-Radio compared to Pegasus
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:26:00 -0500
> and filtering options of the K2.   The earlier you filter in
> a radio the
> better, so the conventional front end of the K2 has some
> advantage there.
>
> I would think the Pegasus would have a better receiver then
> SDR as well.

I haven't seen a comparison of the current incarnation of the Flex to other
radios, T-T or otherwise.  My only point was (1) it is an interesting radio
and (2) they CLAIM they have the best IMDDR3 of any production radio at 2KHz
spacing (IF you use their recommended external sound card, i.e. DSP engine),
where I assume the "any" really refers to the usual suspects.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder :-)

Grant/NQ5T