[TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:58:39 -0500
Someone just asked my "what's star quad cable".  For that answer, go to this
link and read for yourself.  Also note the two spectrum graphs, the one on
the left is referenced at 80.6 dBv and the one on the right is referenced at
46.6 dBv.  Big difference in performance.

http://www.canare.com.hk/star_quad_mic_cables.htm

Also there is a correct wiring diagram shown for star quad applications.
This is applicable to 3 pin XLR type cable applications but other
configurations can be available.

P.S. - I have no affiliation with this company other than buying and using
wire.

73
Bob, K4TAX