Re: [TenTec] Flex-Radio compared to Pegasus

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Flex-Radio compared to Pegasus
From: "n4lq" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:26:30 -0400
Having owned the Flex SDR, 100w version, and having owned a Pegasus for
a long time I can say this:
The Flex radio is very very PC, sound card and software dependent. If I
were going to use the Flex Radio a lot, I would dedicate a PC to it.
Trying to run it with other applications results in mucho instability.
The Flex makes the Orion look like the Rock of Gibraltar. When all is
working, the FLex's receiver is simply amazing and the audio quaity is
austounding. CW transmission is very crude and it cannot key very fast.
At least it didn't 6 months ago. They keep updating the software however.

The Pegasus is tried and true. It's receive weakness is well know but
when you turn it on, it just works.
N4LQ