Re: [TenTec] Voltages on 50 ohm Dummy Load

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Voltages on 50 ohm Dummy Load
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 17:53:47 -0500
I measure the peak to peak value using my scope.  Then power equals E
squared divided by R.  This is good enough for "government work".

Looking at it another way:

100 watts across 50.0 ohms produces 70.710 volts and a current of 1.4142
amps.

1500 watts across 50.0 ohm produces 273.8613 volts and a current of 5.477
amps.

Another approach, I have a known good RF amp meter that I use with my dummy
loads.  Comes in handy.

Again, This is good enough for "government work".

73
Bob, K4TAX