Re: [TenTec] COMPUTER_POWER_SUPPLY_HASH

To: "'tentec@contesting.com'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] COMPUTER_POWER_SUPPLY_HASH
From: "Hsu, Aaron (NBC Universal)" <aaron.hsu@nbcuni.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:32:04 -0700
Try a power supply from PC Power & Cooling, the company that basically
started the "high-end" PC power supply market.  They've been in business for
about 20 years selling what are probably the absolute *BEST* PC power
supplies.  They specialize in high-output, low audible noise power supplies
and also don't skimp on filter or bypass caps either.

I use Silencer 400's in two of my systems.  The 400's both weigh a few
pounds, partially due to component count, and partially due to the huge
heat-sinks on the regulators.  Haven't noticed any hash from either system,
though I don't work 75/80M much as I don't have a 75/80M antenna.  They're a
bit on the expensive side, but not much more than you would pay for a
high-end Antec or Enermax supply.

Visit them at http://www.pcpowercooling.com.  Much like TenTec, they have a
30-day satisfaction policy (full refund minus shipping).

73,

  - Aaron Hsu, NN6O (ex-KD6DAE)
    {nn6o}@arrl.net
    {athsu}@nbcuni.com