Re: [TenTec] re should i buy an orion now

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re should i buy an orion now
From: "Bill Rowlett" <kc4atu@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:18:58 +0000
Harry, methinks it is you who is missing the big picture. Weather we like it or not, the industry is going the way of TT and either firmware upgradable rigs, or the pure software control like the SDR-1000.

We can not think in terms of the old plug and play version 1 or 2.

The other three manufactures are all working on their versions. Icom has allready released one in the 7800 which has upgradable firmware.(They had to recall the whole lot for a harware mistake).

The times they are a changing, get the rig now and enjoy.

Bill  kc4atu
QRP,doing more with less