Re: [TenTec] Zero beating aids?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zero beating aids?
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:09:56 EDT

I remember back in tech school, (1966) in the air force at Biloxi, MS, we
had classified "sets"  so we would go in the classroom and first pull the  bulb
out of a couple of signal generators so they looked like they were  off.  then
we would hook them up to speakers, and set one at 25,000 cps and  the other
at 28,000 cps or so, you could not hear either of the signal  generators ( too
high of a pitch, but you could hear the 3000 cps squeal from  their
hetrodyning..  But you could only pull it once per instructor.. ..  same idea,
different
result..:)  tom N6AJR

In a message dated 6/28/2005 7:31:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,