Re: [TenTec] radar

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] radar
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:18:45 EDT

I worked in emergency service on the bridges in northern California (  office
at the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge) for about 28 years, and I have  seen
probably and average of 5 accidents per shift for all 6 bridges, day in and
day out.  All the bridges have posted limits of 50 or 55 mph depending on  the
bridge.

 Probably the # 1 cause of accidents is  speeding. Also remember  when
someone runs out of fuel on the bridge, myself and my employees drive out  to
the
location and stop their vehicle ( Tow  trucks with red lights and  sirens) and
dump a gallon of gas in the stalled car, or pull in front and hook  them up and
tow them off. Now if you are driving  across the bridge at an  excessive
speed, it make life much more dangerous for us.  We average 1  truck a month
getting hit while stopped on the roadway. We really hate folks who  speed. One
of
my best employees got hit and killed by a speeder at the Carquinez  Bridge a
couple years ago, the errant drive got 6 years in jail.

The second  most popular cause of accidents is following too  close, which is
usually caused by an impatient speeder. And don't even get me  started on
cell phones..  We had an expression called opto-rectitus, which  means you
can't
see to drive when you have your head up your rump..

So folks they make the speed limits for a reason, If you want to go fast go
to a track,  please remember all the folks who play in the roadway for a
living and slow down for us.. and if you get caught, pay the fine and slow
down,
it is amazing how much more relaxed you are driving when you do the posted
limits..

(Jumping off the soap box now..)

tom N6AJR

And I don't know what this has to do with Ten Tec either..:)

thanks  to all for advice.3 things come to play 1.yes antennas vibrate at