Re: [TenTec] psk on orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] psk on orion
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 19:45:26 -0500
hi Tom,

the Orion works very well with PSK,  It doesn't need any interfaces, PC Line
out to Radio Audio in, and Left Audio out to PC Line in.  If the sound card
is good and there is not grounding problems, it has excellent IMD  better
than -22 at nearly full power.

Software you use is your preference,  I like the ones that can read 20 or so
converstaions at once then lets you pounce on one when you are ready to
transmitt.  It's like haveing multiple chat sessions just like the teenagers
on chat.

Settings depend alot on the sound card,  have to adjust the mic in for the a
reasonable audio and the volume control will affect the audio out level.
Set the Audio input to AUX to prevent any pickup from the Mic and set VOX
for automatic keying to reduce your cabling needs...  but other than
that,you should be able to have alot of fun.

Best 73's
Rich
K5SF