Re: [TenTec] "Radiates like Crazy"???? No

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "Radiates like Crazy"???? No
From: Curt <k3ey@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 04:43:37 -0700 (PDT)
I love it when what happened to me and several others
mostly at W3KHW a ham radio club in Pittsburgh is
dismissed as silly nonsensical rubbish. I tried
everything mentioned here to solve the problem:
Twisting. Lengthening and shorting the feed length.
Match boxes. Balun and no balun. Making sure it didn't
touch anything. Making sure it had no sharp bends.
Wrapping it in circles. Straightening it. Name it and
it was tried via advice from all the old timers at
W3KHW.   So finally coax was purchased and problem was
solved instantly. This is why I stated ladder line
radiates like crazy because it sure as hell did in my
situation and several others at W3KWH. Call me stupid,
misinformed, insane or whatever does it for you, it
doesn't matter because I know what ladder provided me
and a few others, nothing but nightmares of RFI and
TVI to my neighbors who lived very close to me back
then. The other guys had problems with it getting into
their homes with RF flying around the house causing
family members to complain. I don't care if you have
been using ladder for 60 years!  For me and a few of
my friends it was nothing but headaches. Coax on the
extreme other hand was very unforgiving and ?never?
radiated no matter the configuration applied to it
unlike ladder line. Funny how the old timers are the
ones who use ladder line, it's not something that is
wildly popular these days and neither are the big
bands and Frank Sinatra on the top 40 charts anymore,
they are a distant memory. Distance as in light years.
I will no longer respond to this subject because it?s
only vanity going back and forth ad nauseam and for
what? Mine is bigger than yours?.don?t think so.

Love Curt