[TenTec] Omni six-- heat related IF gain problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni six-- heat related IF gain problem
From: "Chuck Guenther" <ni0c@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:44:43 -0500
For several weeks now, I've noticed a pronounced reduction in gain of my Omni 6
after it has been on for a while.  When I first turn on the rig, I get an s
meter reading of s-2 to s-3 on antenna noise, which degrades to s-0 after the
rig has been on for a while.  The attenuation used to take a few hours to kick
in, but this morning I noticed fading out in a matter of minutes.  Has anyone
else experienced this?  I suspect a problem either on the 9MHz board or the PBT
board.  Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks & 73,

Chuck  NI0C