[TenTec] Orion II

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II
From: "Ron Spencer" <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:29:34 -0400
I've told my friends that one of the beauties of the Orion is its not
obsoleted as new technology or firmware comes out. Its not like the Pro,
Pro2, Pro3 etc. Well now that's no longer true.

However, as long as the new firmware is applicable to the original Orion
(I've read here that it is) and its still supported then I don't feel too
terribly bad. Another $1k or so for a nice color display and a couple other
tweaks is more than I would wish to pay.

Its nice to see that TenTec recognized that many of us were buying the 600hz
Inrad roofing filter because it could be used in the slot were the extra
preamp didn't kick in and make the change for the O2.

Will be interesting to see performance numbers.

Ron
N4XD