Re: [TenTec] Orion II

To: <scotth@hsc.edu>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II
From: "John T. Gwin" <jtgwin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:20:49 -0500
IF I had experienced problems with my Orion that
others have described on this reflector, then I would
be very upset that T-T had elected to introduce the
O-II without first fixing my O-I issues.  The word
"abandonment" would certainly come to mind.

On the other hand, I have yet to have a single issue,
not even a re-set, with my O-1 in the 9 months I have
been wringing it out.

Among the faithful of almost every manufacturer, be it
T-Ts or Harley Davidsons or many other examples,
there exists a core group that will always buy the latest
and greatest version which comes to be produced.
The manufacturer can count on sales to that core group,
each and every time.  I am suspicious that this is the
true driving force behind new models.

-W4SK