[TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II
From: Lee Crocker <w9oy@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
I had a ton of fun with my 580 Delta

I had a ton of fun with my Paragon

I had a ton of fun with my Pegasus

I'm having 2 tons of fun with my Orion.

I like my 4 pin mic connector just fine.  It's easy to
solder to.  In fact I use one as a nice polarized
power plug for a 13 amp power supply, and I can buy
one at radio shack.

The only thing I don't understand is why they still
use that friggin RS232 port on the O2.

I will be interested in how the O2 actually performs
compared to the O.  My guess is there will be trivial
performance differences.  The only thing I REALLY
don't understand is why they are STILL USING RS232!!!
YOU"D THINK THEY WOULD KNOW HOW I HATE RS@#@ errr
RS232....WHAT MORONS>>>>

ok ok breath in... breath out... breath in.. breath...

maybe the O3 will have usb... Or maybe they will come
out with a retrofit board with USB, but then my
Pegasus hasn't had a firmware upgrade in 2 years, and
the only messages I see on the Pegasus message board
are messages about enhancing certain male attributes
and good deals on re-financing.

I'm still having 2 tons of fun with my O.  It's all
about the O.

73  w9-O-y