[TenTec] Corsair III?

To: "TenTec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair III?
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:34:54 -0500
How about a new $2000 - $3000 box built around upgraded Corsair II technology?
100 W, full QSK, Dual PTO, Dual Receive, IF shift, Narrow Filters, etc. Keep
the digital circuits to minimum except for a Digital Frequency readout and
possibly a DSP filter option.

As far as the receive function of new Ten-Tec transceivers go, I still believe
the new boxes have a hard time competing with the Corsairs and Omnis when the
DX is S-1 and the pile is up 1 to 5 KHz with many KW's calling. I know Omni VI
+ and the Orion's have low noise floors and great specs, but I also know what
my ears tell me.

Maybe it makes more sense to keep refurbishing and rebuilding the old PTO
radios, they provide a lot of satisfaction per dollar. At any rate I doubt that
I'll buy an Orion, Orion II, or any rig with a CPU.

Best regards,
Gary - AB9M - www.csm-gh.com<http://www.csm-gh.com/>