[TenTec] FCC Testing Requirements

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FCC Testing Requirements
From: "Jeff Frank" <jafrank@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:45:48 -0400
Rick,

I think when people begin ham radio they don't really know what to think about
it's various aspects. I think they take their lead about what is important and
what isn't from license entrance requirements, other hams experiences, what
they read, etc.  For example, the reason certain areas are tested on the
written exam is because they are deemed important, and that conveys a message
to the newcomer. That's why you have to know FCC regulations for the exam ...
because they want you to know it's important to follow them. On the other hand,
I see the handwriting on the wall.  At this point, because cw has always been,
for me, a center-piece of my enjoyment of ham radio, I just hope "active" cw
operating lasts at least as long as I do.

Jeff KX2P