Re: [TenTec] TenTec 30 day return policy

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec 30 day return policy
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:18:46 -0400
At Sunday 09:47 AM 7/24/2005, you wrote:
>If I were Ten-Tec, I'd make a blacklist of the people on this reflector who
>will obviously never be happy with anything and I'd not sell them a radio at
>any price.  It's pretty easy to tell those who have poison in their hearts.
>
>Mike N4NT
>
>Bingo.
>
>-W4SK

In case you could not read this part:

"My intention of publishing the 'rest of the story' about the return
policy was not to take a cheap shot at Ten Tec, but to help inform
the rest of the ham community what the proven and unwritten part of
their policy is. I now have six Ten Tec radios, after having sold my
Orion back in January, and these radios work fantastically well,
therefore I personally have no intention of purchasing another Ten
Tec 'new' radio.

Don't get me wrong about the Orion, it is also a good radio. But at
the time I sold mine, it just would not work using the keying loop
and a Ten Tec amplifier. Others got around the problem by either
having, or purchasing a non-Ten Tec amp and not using the keying
loop. My finances did not provide me with that luxury.In addition, as
long as the current management is in place at Ten Tec, I have no
intention of purchasing any more of their new products.

But that's just me!

Tommy - W4BQF"