Re: [TenTec] OT: Bug maintenance

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Bug maintenance
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:46:22 -0500
I use a very small dab of fishing reel grease on mine.  It is applied to the
pivot with a toothpick.  Never had any known problems that resulted.  I've a
half dozen or so of those critters here but prefer my Vibroplex Original
Iambic paddle for day in and day out CW work.

There's a couple of good papers around on the web that spells out how to
properly adjust the bugs.  In my case I use a automotive dwell meter to set
the fixed contact spacing for the dits at about 50%.  Properly adjusted one
should be able to age about 35 to 45 dits on one swing.

73
Bob, K4TAX