[TenTec] Omni 6 Plus is turning off by itself

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus is turning off by itself
From: kz2g@optonline.net
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:15:06 -0400
i checked the power cable from my Omni 6 Plus to my Amitron 35 power supply and
it is ok.  but i notice that my Omni 6 Plus is turning off by itself.  This
usually happens after i first turn it on, maybe a minute to 5 minutes later.  i
manually turn the on/off switch off then and turn the switch back on.  the Omni
6 Plus does not come right back on.  but if i wait a minute or so, and turn the
on/off switch on again, the rig comes on and stays on and remains on from then
on.   This self shutting down can occur when in receive or transmit.  Could it
be a bad relay somewhere?  Any ideas?

Bob Mauro, KZ2G Via Web Mail