Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus is turning off by itself

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus is turning off by itself
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:55:57 -0500
Check the DC INPUT Board.

On the DC Power input board located inside the low pass filter cage, Q2
controls the power on relay K1.  Q2 is biased on through the front panel
POWER switch at connector 1.  Over voltage protection is provided by D1 and
Q1.  If the DC voltage exceeds 16 volts, transistor Q1 will trigger and keep
Q2 from closing the relay.  Resistor R5 samples the current delivered to the
100 W RF amplifier module.  This small voltage drop is cables through
connector 5 to the 9 MHz/ALC board where it is monitored by the ALC
circuitry.

Sounds like the problem is in this area.

73
Bob, K4TAX