Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus is turning off by itself

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus is turning off by itself
From: "M. P. Haynes" <k4beh@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:04:45 -0400
Bob,

I had a similar experience on my Delta II years ago.  It would quit
completely and nothing would make it work  I would check the fuse and it
would be okay.  To make a long story short, it was an intermittent fuse!
The fuse element was probably unsoldered from the end cap and would make
contacts sometimes and not others.  This was in a mobile installation and
I would remove it and bring it in to the work bench only to find it
worked fine!  Drove me crazy!

Pat-K4BEH